Who vs Zep (yet again...)

Hi all.  I'm having a hard time convincing my (hopeless) brother that the Who
are at LEAST as good a band as Led Zeppelin if not better.  His argument is
that Led Zep songs are more melodic and intricate than Who songs---those are
"just" power chords.  He says that overall he finds Led Zeppelin's music more
"interesting."  Yes I know we've had this debate before and several good
points were brought up, but I forgot them or skimmed over them at the time.
The problem is I don't know Zep's music well enough to compare...I've been
listening to David's box set and they sound quite...medieval, at times.  I
also tried to point out the melody of the bass and Keith's drumming.  David
said the drumming is "okay" and "the bass is not a melodic instrument."
And of course I would be disappointed if I wasn't deluged with mail from ML,
WF and Bernd regarding what to tell him.  (Quick note Fang: I already tried
"Eat me" and "Shove it up your ass" but of course it didn't get my point
across...not like I don't say that to him all the time anyway.)