Re: Woodstock camera-men

At 14:09 11/06/96 -0700, you wrote:
>You wrote:
>>>
>>>You'll find I'm Free on either the Who's Better, Who's Best or 30
>Years'
>>video, I believe the latter, while the other one has Summertime Blues.
>The
>>opening chords on I'm Free from Woodstock sound great, big and
>powerful, but
>>the song peters out towards the end with some weak harmony singing
>from Pete
>>- due probably to having to sing those very high choir-boy notes at
>the end
>>( after "how can we follow...") and play guitar at the same
>time....Gary M.
>>

>Actually, I'm Free (on WBWB) is from the London Coliseum Dec 16 1969.
>
>Bruce
>
>Thanks for this correction Bruce. Because YMB at the London Coliseum was
shot from the side of the stage I assumed I'm Free, shot frontally as I
recall, was from the Woodstock show. This brings up another point: apart
from these two tunes has anything else from the London Coliseum show ever
been released on video, commercial or otherwise, or as a bootleg album? And
if I can revive a discussion about the (more or less) contemporaneous Isle
of Wight show, has anyone seen this laser disk we've heard about repeatedly
featuring the Who's full performance at IoW? If so is the sound up to par?
The performances on the 30 years' video appeared to me to lack a discernible
bass track - most unfortunate given the otherwise evident quality of the
Who's performances at IoW...Gary M.