smashing pedestals

>>> I actually think Roger is beginning to embarrass himself with pieces like
the 94 GOLDMINE. It was good to see Roger's perspective on the band, but
Roger's bitterness seems childish. I understand how major the Who was in his
life, but he had it for a very long time. He should either move on or find
ways to do the Who that can satisfy him to some extent.

No, I think Daltrey finally began to embarrass Townshend.

Daltrey's "childish" bitterness followed on the heels of some churlish
behavior on Townshend's part, much of it explicitly described in the
interview, some of it displayed publicly (at Daltrey's 50th birthday bash
on PPV), and all of it long overdue in response to Townshend's own publicly
expressed bitterness toward the band and its accomplishments.

In other words, Pete started it.

Did too. did too did toodidtoo.

Townshend may have been more important to the WHO's success than Daltrey,
but not by as much as I once thought, and certainly he is not nearly as
important to any new incarnation of the band as Daltrey will be. In fact,
Daltrey and Entwistle without Townshend was a much better show than the '89
WHO tour provided.

At least one person on this list thinks they shouldn't be called the WHO
because their drummer died, but of course he's wrong. Without Moon AND
without Townshend on lead guitar they are Daltrey's band. The sourpuss on
acoustic rhythm is purely ornamental.

What disappoints me is that RD reneged on what he said in the interview,
which was that he wouldn't participate in another WHO reunion. Of course, I
said that I wouldn't either but we know I'll be shelling out big bucks for
tenth row center.

Unless they're having Phil Collins do Bell Boy. THEN I cut the cord.

-- Rich I

** ...shoot me now! ***
        -- D. Duck