Bernd & Athena

Bernd: your spirited trashing of absolutely everything I said about Athena
was fun to read and respond to (but not THAT much fun) and it might even
have been fun to read what I wrote back, (definitely not THAT much fun) but
the computer crashed, the response was lost and that was that. However, I
was backing slowly into position defending or just plain talking about a
song that I said right up front I would NOT defend loudly as art so I'm
going to drop that thread and pick up on your "theory" regarding IT'S HARD
-- which is an interesting album to talk about.

You wrote:

Just to insert my own stupid theory here (feel free to tear it to pieces):  I
think that Athena, together with Eminence Front, I've Known No War, and Why Did
I Fall For That, could have been the sixth revolution of rock music led by Pete
if only his band and his fans had been willing to follow him, resulting in
something I would call Progressive Rock. end quote

First: I think you've already been alerted to the fact that the PR label
was already in use, poorly describing bands such as Yes and ELP. Second: I
wouldn't try tearing anyone's theory to pieces unless I found it offensive,
and I'm impossible to offend. Discuss and debate instead. Tearing is for
children. Third: Pete wasn't leading any revolutions at the time. I believe
he was retiring, for lack of a better word. (But if it quacks like a duck,
etc...) It was Pete who rejected the band, not the band refusing to follow.

So. What I would like to know: what is it about those songs that
constitutes a potential revolution?

Sorry if this has been terse, but I gotta go, before I destroy my Mac.

Sincerely,
Rich I.

** ...shoot me now! ***
        -- D. Duck