Re: My Generation/Who vs Zep/Pagey/Brainwashed

>        If I may add something to this fascinating discussion, I think it
>is somewhat difficult to pinpoint exactly when Jazz and Blues was created.
>However, my understanding is that Blues developed from songs slaves would
>sing about hardship and spirituality, especially while working in the
>fields.  I believe at about the same time, Jazz was developing in a
>slightly different way.  Unlike Blues, Jazz can be traced to a particular
>place:  New Orleans.

Stacey:

Good info! I think it does come down to that in the end: no one is going to
be able pin exactly when these forms developed (mainly, I'd say, because
almost none of it was being recorded).

Ah, New Orleans! My favorite city...I go to Mardi Gras every year (well,
I've missed a few lately) and love every second of it. Jazz and Blues fill
the air of Bourbon Street at all times...fantastic! If we wanted to have a
really killer WhoFest in `98 (`cause it's too late now for `97), we should
have it during the Mardi Gras...I know the place up and down and can advise
and guide everyone to the best places etc.
Great Tower Records there, too.

                   Cheers                   ML