But There Was A Soul...

From: IISheds@aol.com
>>Kit's ouster was more at the hands of Roger and Bill Curbishley than at
Pete's.  I get the impression that Pete went along with the change and
subsequent lawsuits reluctantly and always appreciated what Lambert did for
the Who early in their careers.  So I don't think it's too far out of the
realm of possibility for the "friend" to be Lambert...

John

It's true that Roger and Bill were the initiators (feeling like Kit and Chris
were no longer contributing much while simultaneously mishandling the
finances), with Pete being the last of the crew to jump on the bandwagon.
 And there is no question that Pete (and the rest of them for that matter)
never lost their appreciation for Kit's substantial contribution.  But that
parting was back in '74/75, with the final resolution in '77 or so (the
writing of Who Are You).  By contrast, my previous point was that, "From
Pete's description in the song of his
own state of being, I've always had the sense that he was describing the
early 80s period of desolation and drug/alcohol abuse that he was just going
through/coming out of.  If so, it wouldn't make sense that he was talking
about Kit, as A) they were not very close at that time and B) Kit was no
longer working for them."  If it is Kit, does anyone have any explanation for
the chronology?  Do you understand my question?  If it's not Kit, any ideas?