Abbie Hoffman

Submitted for the enjoyment of the list...

"A group before The Who- I don't remember who it was- they had shut down. And
there were gaps. And in these gaps, there were a lot of announcements being
made- a whole system of communicating through the microphone... And the mike
got cut off. They cut the mike, which was an insult. Because this
announcement was just as important as all the other announcements they were
making.

"It could have been between the Who doing  a song, then readjusting their
instruments. It could have been before the Who came on, or during their set.
But they weren't playing. I didn't run up and grab the mike out of Peter
Townshend's hand, that's for sure. There was a pause, and I got up to make an
announcement. So they cut off the mike and I exploded. I said, "What the fuck
did they do that for?" and I kicked the mike. And as I turned around to walk
back, I remember, Townshend was turning around and we bumped- that was it, we
just bumped."

-Abbie Hoffman
I love this guy! What a moron!

Athena