Re: Kenney Jones, Bruford

Hi-

I am on the edge of my seat with regards to QUAD at MSG.

I am in complete agreement that Bruford is the anti-Moon.  His
technique and style are so precise - the impression is that
nothing is left to chance.  I always loved Moon's drumming
because it sounded like everything you own falling out of a
closet all at once.  I saw Bruford drum an entire rock show
in a dinner jacket and sitting in the fourth row I would swear
that while kicking an amazing amount of ass (at least 473 lbs.
worth) he didn't even break a sweat for the first half of the
show.  That is what efficiency does for you BUT it lacks the
wild abandon, freedom, passion, inspiration and insanity that
Keith brought to the kit.  I love the sounds of both but for
completely different reasons.

Bruford (just for the record) didn't disappear until ABWH -

He had several solo records, made a couple of records with keyboardist
Patrick Moraz, spent a brief stint in the band UK, and had his own
jazz fusion band called EARTHWORKS.  Not to mention the fact that
Bruford was in the early eighties version of King Crimson which
produced three albums (Discipline, Beat, Three of a Perfect Pair).

Rock On!
simms
ssimms@nickel.ucs.indiana.edu

========