Re: Bill Bruford

Doug wrote,

>Bill Bruford was in Yes, then left to join King Crimson (in 1973) (that
>subsequently released 3 amazing studio albums).  After King Crimson
>disbanded (1975), he joined Genesis on the road to help out (I think in
>1976).  After this I think he disappeared until Anderson, BRUFORD, Wakeman,
>Howe toured and put out an album in 1989.  Now, I think he returned to Yes
>for that last album they released.

Bill Bruford didn't exactly disappear. He was a member of the re-formed
King Crimson from the from the early 80's till now, first with the
Adrian Belew/Robert Fripp/Tony Levin/Bruford lineup, and recently with
the incredible double trio lineup of Fripp and Belew on guitars,
Pat Mastelotto and Bruford on drums/percussion, and Tony Levin/Trey
Gunn on bass/Chapman stick. I saw the six-man lineup three times and
they're incredible.

Bruford also released 4 albums under the Bruford name (featuring Jeff
Berlin and Allan Holdsworth), a pair of piano/drum duet albums with
Patrick Moraz, and several jazz albums as Earthworks.

And I believe Alan White drummed on the last Yes album.

Jordy Long
ai021 @ lafn.org