The La's

>A band called the La's had one album out in about 91. I saw a picture of
their
>rehearsal space and there were two pictures of the who on the wall so I
bought
>the cd and was NOT disapointed.

I agree. The La's one (and unfortunately only) major release was one of the
best rock albums in recent memory, and certainly one of the best debuts
during that ill-fated
"Pre-grunge-alternative-music-simmering-near-the-surface-of-mainstream-embrace
" period. (Their self-titled album is on my all-time top 5 list -- not a bum
song on it). It's too bad they broke up so soon. With the current success of
bands like Oasis, Blur, etc., The La's certainly would've received a better
reception today. Highly recommended to any open-minded Who fan.

David Thirteen