Re: My Generation

>Mark, I have heard you make this argument a number of times.  While I am not
>inclined to agree/disagree at this time, I must say that to me, MG sounds
>like a blues song.  All the riffs in it are standard blues riffs.  Let me add
>that I love this song, it definitely rocks.  But what are these structural

Scott:

Not being enough of a guitar player to explain in a way you might like, I
can only say that MG is not structured like a Blues song...something that
can be easily converted to a Berry-like song, if you understand what I mean.
To make it Blues, you have to change it considerably (as Townshend did on
the `75 tour, making it almost like Chuck Berry's Memphis, Tennessee).
Did that get it across?

                   Cheers                   ML