Re: Anybody know...

You wrote:

>And Bruce has:
>
>>Can't Explain, Substitute, Squeeze Box, Baba O'Riley, My Wife, Behind
>>Blue Eyes, Dreaming From The Waist, Magic Bus, Amazing
Journey>Sparks,
>>Acid Queen, Fiddle About, Pinball Wizard, I'm Free, Tommy's Holiday
>>Camp, We're Not Gonna Take It, Summertime Blues, My Generation>Join
>>Together>My Generation Blues>Roadrunner, Won't Get Fooled Again
>

>Mine is the same setlist as Bruce has, which (as you can see) does
have My
>Wife, Acid Queen and Pinball Wizard (yours doesn't), but you have
Behind
>Blues Eyes which we don't.

Mark look again, my copy DOES have Behind Blue Eyes.   The sound
quality is great, for an aud tape. :-)

>I can tell you this much: they played a solid two hour show three days
>earlier in Greensboro, NC. No, I don't remember the songs after all
these
>years but I remember how long it was. And that they opened with ICE,
and
>that they didn't play I'm Free (cause I wanted it so bad) and they DID
play
>Drowned.
>So it is my opinion that none of us has the entire show. I cannot
believe
>that they played a shorter show in KC than they did in NC. If
anything, it
>would be the other way around. I also can't believe they didn't do
Drowned,
>because they made a big deal out of it (and I was disappointed at not
>getting any more of QUAD than this).
>What do you guys think? Did we get gyped?
>BTW, mine sounds fantastic. How about yours, Bruce?

This is what I know about the '75 US tour.  The first week or so the
set was slightly different from the remainder of the tour.  KC is the
pivital show as it is the first show (that I have a setlist for) that
has the set changes.  The basic set is the same as above for the tour.
The early shows through at least Hampton, VA (11/27) had Boris The
Spider, Drowned, some shows had Tattoo, and all shows through Memphis
(11/23) had However Much I Booze.  All of these songs were dropped and
My Wife and Magic Bus (it had been played before in Atlanta 11/24) were
added.

Of course you guys in the UK/Europe got the best shows, set wise
anyway.  The first two shows in Stafford, UK 10/3-4 along had most of
the basic set plus Heaven & Hell, Tattoo, Eyesight To The Blind,
Drowned, Bell Boy, 5:15, and Punk and The Godfather.  As you can see by
the time they got to the US most of these had been dropped.  So if you
want to hear the most variety of songs at Who concerts, go to the early
shows.  The most extreme example of this pattern is the first Quad show
at Stoke-On-Trent, the only complete Quad performance (at least until
June 29).

Bruce