Censoring Censuring Censors yadda yadda yadda

>Mark, re:
>
>>Read the note "And The Deranged" for insight into what you see as hypocrisy.
>
>Haven't you noticed? Kevin loves to be negative. He seems very happy,
>comfortable & content when he is... Right Kevin??? :)

wf:

It's so easy to knock down these automatic reactions, which people are prone
to do when they set their mind to an ideal. For instance, in that note I posted:

>BTW, the Southern definition of idiot = male who has more than one
>                                         baby by his sister

Now, had I written "Black male..." people would be offended. I'd bet my
house and my store on it. My name would be mud here on the Digest (whereas
at the moment it's only damp dust). I'll bet that 99% of the people
envisioned some strapping young blonde inbred Gomer Pyle-type guy, with
ragged blue jeans and a Pabst Blue Ribbon in his hand (and a circle worn out
in his back pocket for the snuff) when they read it. Yet the joke is not
specific...it could be ANY male in the South. Black or white or Mexican or
whatever.
(note: there's a lot of "whatevers" in the South)
And it was OK for me to write it about said GP-type. No problem, no one was
offended...not even the Southerners here on the Digest. So how can anyone be
justified in getting offended if the joke was about Blacks? That just
doesn't equate, you know.
It's all because the blacks in this country are descended from slaves
brought over to America by Europeans. I'm not one of those Europeans,
however (in fact, along with my German blood I have some Cherokee and a bit
of Dutch...that's right, I'm a mutt)...my ancestors were still in Germany
(etc.) when slavery ended. Why then would I be the victim of some of the
hatred, should I post a joke with them in it?
And that pretty much shows where the hypocrisy is, I'd say.

                   Cheers                   ML