Re: Tommy vs. Quad

>From: Vacc116@aol.com
>Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 19:02:52 -0400
>Subject: Tommy vs. Quad
>
>New topic: Influence of T.S. Eliot on Pete
>    I'm an english major so I love this shit!! Imagine my suprise when I had
>to read the poem "Little Gidding" from Eliot's "Four Quartets" and I read the
>passage "...All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things
>shall be well."

This phrase was referenced by Pete at some of his recent shows (and
elsewhere, though I can't remember where) as the mantra of Mother Julian of
Norwich, an English saint of the fourteenth century (further information at
http://www.knight.org/advent/cathen/08557a.htm).  So while Eliot may well
have influenced Pete, the source of this particular phrase is Mother Julian
and Pete knows it.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend