Dr. Jimmy

Many thanks to Stacey for her Dr. Jimmy comments.  She explains very well
how those lyrics aren't disturbing when seen in context. There is a big
difference between the character of Jimmy attempting to assume a mask of
swaggering bravado and PT endorsing violence or exploiting women.  I
think it's important to note that "Is it me? For a moment?" is also part
of the same song.  What better illustration of Jimmy's confusion?  You go
from the bullying stance of "What is it?  I'll take it/Who is she? I'll
rape it." to the confused, questioning, "Is it me? For a moment..."

I also agree that people shouldn't censor their comments on this list for
fear of hurting our delicate feminine sensibilities.  No thanks, that's not
for me.

So thank you again, Stacey.  You said it best.

oh, and while I'm here...

Like someone else said, I don't like this new mini-digest format either.
But I do understand the need for it. It will just take some getting used to.

And I hate cats.  I'm highly allergic and they are tough to be around.

Jake