"Dr. Jimmy"

I've been reading the posts concerning the negative reactions to the
reference to rape in this song, particularly Lauren's comments.  I must admit
that I was beginning to feel that perhaps something was wrong with me since
 I have never been upset by these lyrics.  I've listened to this song for 23
years, and am the mother of a 19 year old daughter, yet I am unable to take
offense. BRAVO to Stacey for her comments.  The lyrics are the strongest way
to present the anger and frustration of the character.  How naive to think
that not uttering such hostility would mean that it did not exist in men.  I
certainly don't condone the act or the expression of it, but please allow us
to get inside this character's head.  Rock music has never been held to a PC
standard, nor should it be!

...........Barbara