questionable lyrics

        Bernd wrote:
>I did look around and I felt somehow guilty as a man and I expected to see pain
>in the women's eyes - but there was none.  Instead, most female fans around me
>enthusiastically sang along with these verses.  I was quite surprised...

        Two interesting points of view.  I'll admit to being uncomfortable
the first few times I heard it (one of the major reasons Quad was shelved at
my house for a year).  For a while I really thought that Pete was a sick
puppy, but I figured out that it was normal when I bought more albums (Quad
was only my 2nd Who album).  Now it's just another lyric.
        Why did you feel guilty, Bernd?  Sounds like you're taking
responsibility for the Who's writing, and all of mankind, on your shoulders.

JenniferD
A Guitar          _________
(Courier font)
"Every year it's the same, and I feel it again...
I'm a loser, no chance to win...."