FINAL RESULTS - Who & Monty Python

        Well, there certainly seems to be a correlation (in my eyes).
        8% of the entire list responded (40 out of 500+), saying that they
were Python fans.  Most of them were regular posters, and so if you count
out the lurkers (just for numbers' sake - we'd never leave you guys out),
most of the "list" likes Monty Python.
        Like any other data, the numbers can be bent the other way, too, so
here's something that's too close to be coincidence.
        In 1967, John and Keith wrote about Charles Atlas' course with
Dynamic Tension, and in 1969 Monty Python had a sketch about Charles Fatless
using Dynamo Tension.  Sounds like the same man, does it not?
        Here's a little more concrete evidence from those who replied.

>Graham warmed up the crowd for a few Who concerts circa '74-'75 in the UK
as a >favor to Keith. This is where he got the idea of asking for two
minutes of >abuse from the crowd (to get it out of the way) before starting
his act; he >later incorporated this into his college lecture tours.

>Oh yeah, and Keith was going to appear in Graham's film "The Odd Job" before
>he died, and also was the inspiration for "Yellowbeard" (or at least his
>piratical spirit was an inspiration).
>
>And of course, Pete appeared alongside John and Michael etc, at the Secret
>Policeman's Ball.
>- John

>     Well, Keith & the late Graham Chapman
>supposedly were *great* friends, to the point
>that Keith would have starred in an off-Python
>project with Chapman if he hadn't died. More
>generally, perhaps, is the *irreverence* that both
>Python and The Who used to filter the bullsh*t
>of everyday life. Python used animation and
>cross-dressing; The Who relied on feedback and
>smashing the instruments. IMO, of course ...
>RWNomad

>Have you seen PythOnline yet (http://www.pythonline.com)? Slow, but funny.
>	-- Owen

>Did you know that Keith Moon was going to be in the movie Yellowbeard (but
>he died before filming). Also the book of the script for "Life of Brian" is
>dedicated to Moonie.
>Pamela

        Well, I guess that's it then.

JenniferD
A Guitar          _________
(Courier font)
"Every year it's the same, and I feel it again...
I'm a loser, no chance to win...."