Comming up to speed...

  Summer courses suck!! and they're keeping me away from reading the Digest.
So, if the topics I bring up have been talked to death, heare's a
resurrection:

1) My Generation single--Pinball Wizard from Leed is very good, but Deep Love
Mix....."My Karma tells me you've been screwed again!!!"

2) Quad at MSG wed.& thurs.---excellent. I had better seats for thurs. and
that helped improve on a good thing. I've read reviews from the Tues. show
that reported bad sound. I thought the sound was very clear and loud enough
to get into, for those who went to the first show and others--did the sound
improve after the first night (in your opinion)? if there's a fall/winter
tour can some one make sure that Gary Glitter gose back to England!!! Billy
Idol was good, much better then his cousin Kevin (YUCK!!!!!). Did anyone else
get the impression that this was the Pete and Roger Show? I felt bad for
John. The poor guy was even introduced with the backing band. (granted this
observation does not include the tremendous solo in 5:15--WOW!!!

3) since I was at the Thurs. show I couldn't tape it. I'd be willing to trade
for either that or any other night if they're available.

4) Just got the updated version of Richard Barns' Maximum R&B. This is a
great book for anyone who doesn't have it already, but if you already own a
copy of the old book and it's in good shape, Don't Waist Your Time. The new
chapter is too short. There is non of the in depth analysis that occured
throughout the rest of it. I was hoping for more insights on solo careers and
much more on the '89 tour. He doesn't even mention The Who recording "Dig" or
"Fire"--OK maybe these songs aren't worth mentioning, but it's The Who
Dammit...I Want Info!!! :)

5) The Big Bootleg Bust (nice aliteration!!!) in NYC is having it's effect on
the local NJ stores. I had a talk with a local dealer about this and we both
became very bummed out. Guess I'll have to hit the record shows--they're
cheaper anyway.

Vac

From: mleaman@sccoast.net (Mark Leaman)