Re: Entwistle...sad ?

pete, Re:

> why is JAE sad ? 'cos after being with PT for a few months he realizes that
> he really isn't anything w/o PT and thewho.

That's a very daring comment, and I somehow doubt whether you are right.  After
having seen John at (the) Le Bar Bat, it seems to me like this is what he
enjoys more:  Playing in a small band where his bass is clearly audible and
where he can crank up his volume knob as far as he wants to.

As great as the Quadrophenia shows were, I still feel that it is complete
nonsense to hide the bass in the mix if you have the best-ever bass player in
your band.  It's just a feature of The Who that there is a lot of bass in their
sound - why deny it during an important show like this?  I am as sad as John
about the mix.

> If anyone out their can give me a JAE song (solo or who) that would be
> considered a "classic" along the lines of "WGFA" or "LROM" let me know

I always thought that `My Wife' was way better than WGFA or LROM, but that's a
matter of personal taste.  John wrote a lot of good songs, and even though most
of them aren't radio station hits, they are highly appreciated by his fans.
Keep in mind that John doesn't want to be a superstar - he just wants to
perform good songs...

Cheers,

Bernd