Re: Rating the show

Ian, Re:

> I could only dream of giving the Who a 14.2 inbetween 1969 and 1976.  Without
> Keith, the band can now only pull a 9.9 (at their very best all THREE) in my
> book.

We know about your feelings concerning The Who still performing now way after
their prime, but I think your bitterness goes a little too far here.  You
really should have seen one of the MSG shows - they all were very close too
perfection and contained a lot of The Who's old magic.  Even though I know old
Who concerts from recordings only, I dare to say along with several veteran Who
fans I met:  These shows were probably the best ones after Keith's death and,
with some caution, their excitement can be compared with the good old days.
14.2 isn't much exaggerated.

> I don't like blind fans whether they are Who, Iggles (my NFL team) or those
> sorryass foreskin or cowpie fans.

I wouldn't call Andy a blind fan.  He is a veteran fan and knows what he is
talking about.

It would have been interesting to see YOUR reaction after one of these shows
and whether YOU would have been able to hide your excitement or not... :-)

Cheers,

Bernd