Re: comments

>4)Pot
>I don't care what everyone else does when it comes to pot and alcohol.
>Niether of them is catagorically good for you. Yes, they can be fun. But
>I find people who smoke dope when high are either (take your pick)
>boring, irritable, paranoid, forgetful and self absorbed.

Mark (and I can't believe that's your name):

You don't get out much, do you? Or are you just rolling over to the latest
trend of "trash the Potsmoker?" I think you watch too much TV, myself. Life
just isn't like this. Get hip to reality...it's a gas.
Almost every celeb or Rock Star you've ever seen has been a Pot smoker. Were
you bored? Were they irritable, etc etc (although you might have something
on the self-absorbed thing, but I think that goes with stardom).
Really, now...I've been called a lot of things through the years, but s-a is
the ONLY one you mentioned that is among them (of course, I see it as vested
self interest...but I'm speaking only about what others have said). All the
traits you mention here have to do with the individual, not the Pot.
Understand? Or are you really going to claim that the Pot makes them boring
etc? That would be about the most foolish claim I have so far seen in this
age of Newt...
And besides, it just ain't true. Methinks you've been watching too many
Nancy Reagan-inspired commercials.

This is your brain, straight:  (yawn) (looks at watch) (taps foot and rolls
eyes) (falls asleep)

This is your brain on dope: All RIGHT! (big smile) Now THIS is more like it!
(living life to its fullest) (wink and a grin at the camera, with a thumbs
up) (begins singing) "Jump up/Look around/Find yourself some fun/No sense
sitting there/Hating everyone..."

BTW, if you don't believe that you can appreciate music (or anything, for
that matter) with a bit more attention while stoned, then A) you've never
been stoned, or you wouldn't say that & B) are at direct odds with what your
hero Peter Townshend has said about the matter.
My advice would be: don't speak of what you don't know. OK?

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend