comments

Listers,

I just figured I'd join the bandwagon.

1) Favorite Lines
"Consumed, there was a beautiful white horse I saw in a dream stage,
He had a snake the size of a sewer pipe living in his rib cage,
I felt like a pickled priest who was being flambed
You've got me requisitioned blondie"

2)T-Shirt
Pete's Psychoderelict mini tour Black n Blue. It just looks good and when
some one comes up and says "Cool Shirt" you just know they are not going
to be screaming "SQEEZE BOX" during "Is It In My Head"

3)Entwistle=Sad
Johnnie Twinkle has made a mint from this "Sad" routine. After Pretty Boy
Roger and Intellect Pete what's left? It's the same ruse George Harrison
used to pick up girls. John knows where its at. He's the greatest bass
player ever, so what if Ringo makes the sound man turn down the bass,
those fingers are still a license to print money.

4)Pot
I don't care what everyone else does when it comes to pot and alcohol.
Niether of them is catagorically good for you. Yes, they can be fun. But
I find people who smoke dope when high are either (take your pick)
boring, irritable, paranoid, forgetful and self absorbed. Since I am
usually all of the above in a given day I say "Stay young and stay high,
hand me my checkbook and I'll crawl off to die." Just don't waste your
time telling me you get new insight into music under the influence. I'll
try to explain why I can drive better when I'm drunk. See, it's this no
fear thing...

5)What's that New York Stench?
It's the smell of 7 million people living on an island 24 miles long.
It can stink like the devil anywhere near Manhatten, but what a trade off
. Whenever the stink gets to bad just spend half an hour in the
Metropolitan Museum of Art. The Egyptian section will blow the gaskets
clean off your brain. You can walk into 2 temples and time travel back
5000 years. Or go to the Chelsea and see where Sid killed Nancy, where
Jimi, Dylan and yes Pete all stayed. Go to Pete's Tavern and have drinks
in the same booth O. Henry wrote "The Gift of the Magi" Hell, the
original version is on the wall there. Read it. It's amazing how it
changed. In the first one She sold her shot gun to buy gasoline and he
sold his chainsaw to buy shotgun shells. It brings a tear to my eye just
writing that. Oh, I'm sorry the Shotgun/Chainsaw thing was a lie. But you
get my point. It's a great city and the people are far more polite than
you'd imagine, just don't ask anyone to repeat themselves.

Thanks for the time,
Mark