What is it?

- -- [ From: . * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

What is it about The Who? When I was a kid, the popular bands were BTO,
Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, and The Who, among others. In 1973, I thought BTO
was a kickass band. Today, I laugh at them in the same way my sister laughs
at Donny Osmond. Led Zeppelin can do the trick sometimes, and after
listening to them, I think: that was great. "Was" is the key word. The music
of Led Zeppelin reminds me of my youth, and it sounds dated. I like Alice In
Chains and I like Biohazard, but when I put on Who CD's, the raw power just
seems to pound these bands into the dirt. Then Keith Moon pounds them a
little lower for good measure. Biohazard and AiC are bar bands in comparison
. Why do I feel the need to share The Who's music with my neighbors? I
usually analyze my actions, and I realize that I not only turn it up for
myself; I turn it up for others. I got the loudest stereo on the street. I
got it because of The Who. I can hook it up to the guitar and or bass amp to
completely blow them out of the woods if the need arises. The street is mine
, and the band that rules is The Who. Oh yeah. I've seen them. Neighbors 10
years younger than me shaking their heads in dismay at the relentless
pounding of the drums and bass, the fuck-you chords and the screaming singer
. The devil with hemorrhoids is singing the taco blues. Is it too loud? Too
bad.
What would The Who sound like today if they were a new band? The showmanship
of RHCP, the aggressiveness of Biohazard, perhaps some of the harmonies of
AiC. It would be a completely new and wonderful sound, something that would
blow our minds into MiCRODOTS.

Jon
- --