Re: John lost in the mix?

At 06:24 PM 7/19/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Thank goodness someone pointed this out...I didn't notice hardly any
>bass at all, but I figured it was some fault of my own, either
>1. Premature hearing loss (I should never have played "Psychoderelict"
>with the volume set to three!)
>or
>2. Confusion due to the three guitarists (Is that the bass? Nope, rhytmn
>guitar. Is that the bass? No, that's the acoustic...)
>
>But now I can breath a sigh of relief, then inhale deeply to rant at
>whatever moron did the mixing! How dare they bury John! Idiots! <grumble
>grumble>
>
>                              -Yellow Ledbetter
>/**********************************************************/
/* Salamander                                             */
/* salamander@madnet.com                                  */
/* Sent from The Net BBS                                  */

>Actually, it MIGHT have been your difficulty distinguishing the various
guitars but if so this is perfectly understandable as JAE complained for
years that some people mistook some of his best on-stage riffs for Pete's
guitar (because JAE often plays lead lines in a high, trebly
register)....Gary M.