A few things...

regarding....

> I talked to one of the English stage managers for about 10 minutes
> Wednesday afternoon.  He confirmed to me that there are unofficial
> "pencil dates" all over the U.S. for further Quad shows.

So in other words, he confirmed that nothing's confirmed!  I'm guessing
that this tour IS moving forwards.  I'm not so sure about Pete's full
involvement in the entire tour though...

> Evidently Pete's planning on Tommyizing Quad.

Oh, REALLY?  Is THAT why he's doing this? :-)  Fortunately, when I saw the
show on the 17th, I was able to get all this background bullshit out of my
head.  When I got there and heard the band, I forgot all about Pete's
other Quadrophenic intentions.  The music was all that mattered.  I saw
it.  I loved it.  Fine.

> It wouldn't surprise me if Quad on Broadway wins 5 tonys two years from
> now.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it would surprise me if Quad on Broadway won 5 Tonys.
Remember, this isn't Tommy we're talking about.  This is a very BRITISH
rock opera.  It doesn't exactly have the more universal appeal that Tommy
had.  Sure, the emotions are similar (I wrote a 17 page term paper on the
common concept between the two- Isolation), but Quad in its very self is
about the Mods.  The Americans really don't know much about the Mods.

This is Quadrophenia.  In 1979, when the movie was released, John
discussed the possibility of putting subtitles on the American releases to
help them understand the accents...and I think that's only the beginning.

The music is fantastic.  Part of me shudders to think of its Broadway
incarnation.

That's not to say that it won't surivive as a London West End musical,
though.  In fact, I would guess that London will be where it will surface
first, if anyplace.

Onto other things- I was quite impressed with WWI last night.  Although
my reception went a tad in and out, they didn't edit the opera, they
didn't bleep out the curses, they kept the encore.  Of coruse, no new
songs yet in the encores.  Mason, you're just a tease :-)

I hope everyone had fun at the JAE show.  Someone do a review!  I called
Le Bar Bat's about 5 times pleading to let me in, but they wouldn't do it
and my fake ID was taken away many months ago :-(

I got to get running now....

Jay

              Jason Hare  <hare@acsu.buffalo.edu>
	     "Rust Repairer and Full Time Survivor"- Keith Moon
		http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~hare
      		   "Time is fleeting" RHPS
        Funny how the pages turn and hold us in between.... - Brian May