Re: Roger rises to it

At 09:31 PM 07/17/96 -0400, Biggsk@aol.com wrote:

> From then on there was no turning back except when 1975 rolled around and
>the band toured for a so-so LP and just basically did hits.  They were very
>good then - but not the magical band of a few years earlier.  Roger still
>sounded great but you could tell that a certain special something was missing
>- a sense of true purpose besides singing a collection of songs.  The problem
>with the By Numbers tour was that they only did typically two new songs
>(Squeeze Box and Dreaming From The Waist when I saw them) as opposed to doing
>a lot of new songs (1971) and concept LP's (1970 and 1973) that also gave
>them a lot of new songs to do.

Hmmmmm. Interesting... However, the best Who show I ever saw was Springfield
December 1975. Better than the shows I saw in 1967, 1971 and 1973. The best
concert I've ever seen. So I kind of respectfully disagree.

Joe
- -----
Joe Giorgianni
Queensbury, NY  12804

If you are interested in the Who and their records please check out my web
page at:

http://www.siggroup.com/thewho/albums