Re: capitals

The NYC/LA wars continue:

<< Los Angeles may very well be the entertainment INDUSTRY capital of the
 world, which is a far cry from being the entertainment capital of the
 world.  Enough said.

 David Olstein
 New York (Media, Publishing, and Theatre capital of world)

Actually part of the above is wrong too.  Washington DC, by its very nature,
is the media (or media circus) capitol of the world - not NYC.  If the
president farts it's on CNN in minutes.  If the mayor of NYC farts - no one
outside of Manhattan gives a hoot - and they probably don't in Manhattan
either.  As one who was a journalism major in college and idolized Woodward
and Bernstein, I am appalled at the terrible state of American journalism
today.  It's not too liberal or conservative - it's VERY LAZY!!!!   Just read
some wire reports and write - don't go out and dig for the story or the truth
- - that's too hard.  Want more proof?  Just watch one of those Sunday news
programs where the alleged journalists ask the politicians some of the most
inane questions I have ever heard.  Today's journalists are the only class of
people that can make today's politicians look like geniuses.  Oh well.

Greg Biggs