Hard Rock London

	I just thought of something I wanted to ask the list about.
	When I was in London I went to the Hard Rock Cafe of course and
the entire back wall is dedicated to the Who.  But the stuff they have
doesn't seem very authentic.
	First of all they had a guitar on the wall that I've never seen
in Pete's hands.  It was a Gibson with the V-shaped end (I can't think of
the name of that style.)  Did Pete ever play one of these?
	The other questionable (obviously fake) thing was the supposed
"Tommy original master tapes" framed on the wall.  First of all they had
1972 written on them.  And second, Love Reign O'er Me was on the song list
for one of the reels.
	So did Pete just give them some crap to hang on the wall to see
if anybody noticed it was fake?  Are the Hard rock people that stupid?
	Was everything on the wall fake?  They had Pete's robe thing from
the Tommy movie.  They had one of Kenney's snare drums, Keith's cymbal,
John's bass, one of Roger's outfit's from the early seventies, and some
other stuff.  I was a bit disappointed to say the least.  Of course that
didn't stop me from spending like 60 pounds on Hard Rock t-shirts and
stuff.  Can you say "sucker"?

Shanon Dell                     |
Radio/Television Department     |
University of Montana           |