New Quad: MCA vs Polydor...

> My first thoughts were that everything here is exactly where it should be
> (the argument about new mix vs old I won't get into here). I personally
> thought the MCA disc was way too bright and of course many dull and midrange
> spots and areas. This one accents the highs nicely without losing JAE (or
> Roger) in the mix... ALL the vocal tracks (so far) seem to be fine (I'll have
> to see if "Dr Jimmy" is OK... since that was a problem on the MCA...)
>
> I'm going to listen to it a few more times, but overall a HUGE difference.

Let's try this again

I'm curious, what equipment are you using for listening?  Sometimes a
bright amp coupled with a bright speaker (Klipsch is notorious) and a
brightly recorded mix spells disaster.  For instance if I used my car
stereo to judge the new Leeds, I'd find it to be total crap.  The open
live effect added to the new mix does not work in my car.  However at
home, different story.  From what I've heard of Quad I have yet to
encounter (aside Dr. Jimmy for Roger) John or Rog buried in the mix.  In
fact I can hear JE's fingers pluck the strings in places, hardly buried.
However I'm more than willing to give the Polydor a listen (for myself).
Do you have any suggestions on where one can order a UK copy for a
relatively decent price ($40-50)?