Re: Mark & Bernd Live

Randy & Roland, Re:

> <<  It's by talking about that which we're uncomfortable ,politics and
>  religion,that we break down the conditioning.....carry on lads!
>   >>

> I couldn't agree more.  So often we are afraid to discuss the difficult
> issues, and yet this is the only way to really understand our own beliefs.
>  I'll second the "carry on".

We are carrying on a little, but we are doing so in private e-mail (and right
now we don't intend to send carbon copies to anyone here).  There are two good
reasons why we are doing so:  1)  This is the Who mailing list, and it cannot
serve as a place where everyone can discuss every more or less important topic
endlessly.  Off-topic threads are ok for a short time, but they should be ended
once they are running the risk to get boring or offensive.  2)  The subscribers
of this list represent a lot of different religions and spiritual ways, but
Mark and I were only writing about special topics of Christianity and how they
fit to human spiritual needs.  While a lot of listers who are or once were
Christians might find such a discussion interesting, others might not want to
be bothered with stuff like this.

Don't get me wrong:  I am glad that you appreciated our discussion, and I can
somehow understand why you want us to carry on here.  After all, it is always
interesting to see how two usually good friends clench their fists and start a
hard but reasonable fight, regardless what it is about.  But in the first place
we are not here to perform a show for you but to share our enthusiasm for The
Who.

If you really have a serious religious or spiritual question that you think one
of us might be able to answer, then send private e-mail to us.  However, I
cannot promise that you will receive a satisfying response.  After all, we are
not trained theologians - we have simply gathered a little insight by privately
studying different religions and spiritual ways.

For the moment, however, you should rather wish Mark good luck during the
imminent hurricane.  If you are religious, pray for him, his family, his house,
his shop, and his customers.  After all, we want that the subject line `Mark &
Bernd Live' will still be true tomorrow, right?

Cheers,

Bernd