Re: Face Dances/It's Hard on one CD

Kent, re:

>Does anyone really need to hear studio outtakes of songs that weren't good
enough to make these two albums?  Also, most live material from this period
has been released on Who's Last.  This is just another way for MCA to squeeze
more money out of your pockets.

I'll explain it to you, so that perhaps you'll understand.

1) a) One CD, chopped song(s): ~$12  b) TWO CDs, 60+ extra minutes of
unreleased music, ~$24. If you were willing to buy a), for $12 more you get
b).

2) From the '79-'80 period, The Who played "other" songs on stage, besides
the usual and "greatest hits" (ie, "Dance It Away", "I Am An Animal", etc.)
What if even YOU liked that music? Should it NOT be made available FOR ONLY
$12???

3) Other people, including myself, LIKE those 2 albums. So that you can save
yourself $12, should you deny me and anyone else who likes these albums our
due AND the bonus tracks??? Guess what? If you don't like them, you don't
have to buy them.

One thing nice about a consumer society. Nobody's twisting your arm to buy
something you don't want... But, don't deny the purchase to someone who
does...

As for "Face Dances", I'm going to suggest that Kenny Jones lay down a new
drum track and that Pete overdub some guitar. If the album were done
properly, the material would sound a LOT better...

- -wf