Re: Boots in NYC update

Bruce, re:

<< I am reassured to hear that things should return to normal after a
 cooling off period.  I'm sure that the confiscation of the inventories
 will cause a rise in  boot prices.  I will make further posts as I get
 new information. >>

Good post. However, I'm not sure about "normal". This whole thing got started
a while back now and has escalated. First with the grabbing of very large
shipments at airports, then recently, a major distributor was arrested, now
down to the "retailer" level. From what I understand, aside from "pirating",
"bootlegs" have never been "proven" in court. However, if the distribution
network is out of business and the retailers are "scared", it will probably
take years for them to recover. On a smaller scale, this happened with vinyl
boots in the mid-eighties... As for record shows... I'm going to one this
weekend, it should be interesting to see what's going on...

- -wf