Re: Ticket Distribution

In a message dated 96-07-07 03:13:53 EDT, NakedEye10@aol.com writes:

>My conscience is more than clean.  I'm just trying to help people on both
>ends and end up with my ticket every night at a price I can somewhat afford.
> Do you understand now?

I guess I can see what your saying, but I do not agree. I just feel it is
wrong to mark up the price of a ticket. If I wind up going to a hot show, and
wind up with an extra ticket, I sell it for face value. I don't even consider
selling it at a marked up price. The charge I get out of hooking up a total
stranger with a ticket, and making their day, is worth more than a few bucks
to me. Almost as good as going to a totaly sold out show, and having someone
do they same for me. It is rare, but it does happen.

I don't mean to to be harsh, but frankly, by you just trying to get what you
think your due, you are part of the problem, not the solution. I don't think
that you should feel entitled to one cent, regardless of how much of a hassle
you had getting tickets, going to a show etc... . Every single person on this
list had some sort of problem getting tickets via the conventional methods.
Yet I see alot of people posting with their extra tickets which they will
sell at face plus the Ticketmaster charges.They don't feel compelled to mark
up their prices, why do you?

If you simply directed people to where they could get tickets, even pricey
ones, that would be fine. But to take tickets that are already steep, and
then tack on a "small" finders fee, in this case, makes them unobtainable for
most folks. I guess that is what my problem is here.

Kyle in NJ