Re: Very long Hyde Park comment; best of Pete comments

To Bernd:  Your report was well worth the read.  Gary G.'s response was
right on.  Your story got me thinking of my own magical Who
concert experiences and how even something like the Toronto telecast of
'82 was an emotionally charged high point for me (saw it in a dumpy old
theatre in Paterson, NJ.)  I think writing up something like that is a
great ritual that kind of cements the details and helps capture it
forever.  I'm grateful to you for doing that.  Not only do I now feel like
I went to Hyde Park, but I like another's confirmation of the magic
and emotion that surrounds Who (and some other) concerts. Too many times I
did _not_ do what you did - give the experience the respect it demands; go
ahead and just feel the bittersweet emotions that you had (as I have) the
next day; and wear the t-shirt to work on Monday.  I'm glad your wife
didn't show up!  It would have distracted you from what ended up as a
poignant piece of writing.  Thanks.

Best of Pete:  These days the Who take a back seat to the rest of my life,
for better or worse; however, I eventually catch up.  After trying to find
Pete's Best of CD in the usual stores and failing, I checked at Target
(Kmartish store for those who don't have them) the other night and the
only 2 Who disks they had were the new and improved LAL and
"coolwalkin'...", both priced at $11.00!  Go figure.  So yesterday I found
some time to sit down and check out the Pete disk.  I love the liner
notes.  I think the story he tells about "A Little is Enough" is
profound.  At least for me.  I've certainly hit that point in my own
marriage.  The "Uneasy Street" story is another good one.  I was happy to
find Pete's ruminations still so honest and still reflective of my own
life, as painful as these things are sometimes.  I like the new mix of
LMLOTD  much better than the first one.  It suits the spiritual nature of
the song.  I think I listened to it 4 or 5 times.  (Can someone tell me
what "E. Cola" means, she asked sheepishly?)

been enjoying the list a lot lately.  would like to post more often.

Trish P. in Colorado