Re: Two questions

>1) Does anyone out there own the new _Quad_ and the Mobile Fidelity
>Ultradisc set?  If so, how do they compare?

Jim:

Yes, I have both and the MFSL version isn't nearly as good. The MFSL has
distortions and sounds muddy when compared to the remix. The drums and bass
on the remix sound fantastic, almost live. Thunderous drums, brought out
from the rest. Rolling and well defined bass. Vocals (particularly Pete's)
sound newly recorded. Many surprises, like gong strikes and cymbal crashes
(as on the opening chords of Punk) and synthwork and so on. The guitar is
often brought out front, too. Other parts (like some of the horn sections)
are less prominent. Everything is crisp and clear (without sounding metallic).
Most of the complaints I've seen (excepting WF's) have been with HOW this
album is mixed, rather than the sound quality. That is clearly superior.

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend