New Quad Sound Quality

After reading Fang's comments about the sound quality, I sat down to do a
critical listen since my first reaction last night was WOW!  As to the flat
spots mentioned earlier by Fang, I just can't hear it.  This leads me to
ponder a few possibilities:

1. Fang has better ears.
2. Fang has wax in his ears.
3. Fang has a better system.
4. Fang has a defective system.
5. MCA (Musical Cemetary of America) screwed up on some copies.
6. The Angels will never win the pennant (sorry, watching the Angel game, and
as usual they are losing).

I think that if you are having sound problems it is worth investigating
number 5.  I have pretty good ears and a pretty good system, and also know
that Fang is discriminating.  So that leaves MCA, the company who used to
press records that sounded like sandpaper with a little music thrown in for
good measure.

I have this feeling that we will be reading about this release in the CD
Watchdog column of ICE soon.

Randy

p.s.  Glad that he has a good sounding copy.