Re: Hyde Park on French News - the dork?

Billy Connally (or however you spell his name) is an incredibly funny =
Scottish comedian. If you can understand him, that is.

At Hyde Park we were supposed to get a 15 minute set by a comedian =
(prior to Clapton). However, as usual, things ran a bit late and he only =
got to introduce Clapton. He said that he hadn't been at Hyde Park for =
20 (?) years, looking around he saw that some people hadn't left since =
then. He also said Clapton should never have left the Yardbirds.=20

Connally was also in the Secret Policeman's Ball (or Secret Policeman's =
other Ball) telling some sad/hilarious tale about a car going over the =
cliff... Which reminds me:

Before the Secret Policeman's Ball came out, there was a showing of the =
first version at Filmex (Los Angeles-based film festival) which included =
a question/answer seesion with Martin Lewis, the director. He claimed to =
have footage of Townshend falling asleep (Courvosier? Remy?) for a few =
bars while playing WGFA.. I don't suppose that saw the light of day?
The film couldn't get distribution, and was ultimately edited with a =
latter (next year's?) performance which is the version most of us have =
seen.

Later,

Gad