Secret Police

I recall some discussion a while back regarding PT's performance at the
Secret Policeman's Ball - specifically the song "Drowned". Someone at the
time was wondering whether the record had ever been reissued on CD and
the general consensus was that it had not. It seems to me that someone
suggested picking up the laser disc version of the movie to obtain a
digital version of this recording. Well, I've had the laser disc for some
time now and it only contains "Pinball Wizard" & "Won't Get Fooled Again"
(and in mono at that!). Here is some good news however; I just purchased
a Japanese laser disc called "The Secret Policeman's Rock Concert",
released in 1995, which contains all 3 Townshend songs in stereo. A bonus
(for me at least) is that it also contains "'Cause We've Ended As Lovers"
by Jeff Beck which was omitted from the previous video release.

On another topic, is it just me or is "I Can See For Miles" on "The
Singles" CD a very different mix from any other release. The bass seems
to be very much louder and clearer than on other versions. (WF?)

     Jim Rice                                      Halifax, Nova Scotia
     ~~~~~~~~                                           Canada
                  eMail:  ad092@chebucto.ns.ca