Re: "Who Did It"

You wrote:

>I have in my collection the UK LP "Who Did It". It was apparently
>pressed in the late '60's-early '70's as Track 2856 001. Word is that
>it was never officially released but that a few got out. Has anybody
>ever seen anything in print where it was offered for sale? Did anybody
>ever actually see it for sale in shops around that time?
>
>Thanks.

I'm pretty sure this record was never officially released.  In Ed
Hanel's book he says "Although never released, a few copies got out."
The main reason I don't think it was ever released is that there is NO
mention of the band anywhere on the cover.  "Who Did It" and four
individual pictures of each member are all thats on the front, and "Who
Did It" and the song titles are on the back.  Unless you knew what the
band looked like or were familiar with their songs there is no way of
knowing what band this was.

I have the date of this record as very late 1969 or 1970.  Because the
picture of Pete is from the Pop Proms show July '69 and the picture of
John is from the IOW Aug '69.

Bruce