Re: Official Who Fan Club

>One of my concerns with "Generations" was that it always appeared to
>be "stale" information. By the time they wrote their articles, had
>them printed and mailed the thing, the "reviews" were like 6th months
>late. For example, I'd like a review of the "new" "Tommy" NOW, before
>it's officially released to build some excitement. What's the point of
>reviewing it, 6 months later??? I hope they don't get caught in that
>"problem"...

>wf

Generations is not a "fan club" and never claimed to be.  The following
is from the first issue that came out circa 1989.

"This magazine hopes to celebrate The Who's achievements of the past.
For the latest information about the future of The Who I'd like to
refer readers to Anyway, Anyhow (now defunct fan club)..."

This quote is from a couple of issues ago.

"As regular readers will know, Generations doesn't contain "news" items
about The Who because by the time it has been printed and distributed
it isn't new information."

I for one think John and Phil do a great job.  I have learned quite a
bit about The Who from Generations, which has included vast amounts of
info that is not in any of the various books on The Who (which often
have much mis-information).

I don't particuliarly want to know about the '89 tour, PT '93, Daltrey
'94, new CDs, or even Entwistle '96.  Why?  Been there done that.  Tell
me something I don't know.

This mailing list is where I get instantaneous news on Who activities.

Bruce