Re: yet more questions

-- [ From: Thomas G. Farrell Jr. * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

NP:  Who, "Too Much of Anything"

Lev,
	RE:> I think that probably _some_ of Pete's windmills were for show
(well, > actually, all of them were for show, but only some were fake);
I'd guess
> that the ones where he goes a full circle are probably false but the
ones
>  where he comes down and right back up, they're real.  At least they
look
>  real.

	I remember Keith Richard laying claim to that partial-windmill schtick
as the origins of Pete's trademark windmill.  I also remember Pete
saying that Richard couldn't even tone his guitar.... which is probably
true.

	RE:> Now, the jumps, those are real.  And the music's for real.

			and

	> P.S.  Actually, about the jumps:  like NBAers and high jumpers, Pete
has > benefited a lot from photographers shooting from below.  Even an
average
> leap can look huge from ground level.

	Are you saying that trick photography skews Pete's attempts at
achieving Low Altitude Earth Orbit?  Money, it must be the shoes! <G>
	Personally, I've always been a bit chagrined that some wise-acre in
the World Wrestling Federation didn't emulate Townshend... you know
like, "Leaping Larry and his deadly windmill sleeper hold."  It would
certainly make those leaps off the top turnbuckle more dramatic!  (Big
Time Wrestling is, imho, a marvelous piece of kitschy Americana and the
last refuge of Vaudeville.)
	And I agree with you about the Who's music being 100% real.
	Every good wish--Tom Farrell