John on TV 1/24/96

Just saw John on The Late Show. Conan said "The Who is here", and he was
right. JE played with the band -- Max Weinberg drumming. There was the
current Buzzard sound, especially on the two `My Generation' solos they
aired. It sounds processed -- compressed, and other things I've only heard
from the recent Entwistle. On the other numbers he sounded like his usual
bandleader self and I could hear the bottom. Goosebump time. They did his
riff for `5:15', `Summertime Blues', a '50's-esqe jam, a medium blues
shuffle, and the intros for the other 2 guests. Can't recall what else.
9 hours 'till THE show in Danbury. Looking forward to hearing other than Who
songs. And when he DOES do Who songs I'm looking forward to the
enlightenment it will bring on those who don't realize where The Who sound
came from.