Re: Re[2]: boots

Jim, re:

>However, it is quite possible (perhaps Fang can clarify this point) that the
impetus for
>much of these reissues is to squelch the bootlegs floating about.  The WHO'S
NEXT reissue seemed to be produced largely to deflate FROM LIFEHOUSE TO LEEDS
and LIFEHOUSE LIVE (although not completely).

Well... actually it's almost the opposite... Many of these boots are produced
in such small quantities (ie 500-2,000 copies) that they don't make a dent
into anything. Besides, we buy everything twice anyway! But, in the case of
"From Lifehouse To Leeds", that actually inspired and motivated them to "get
the tape". Pete has a standing offer to "buy back lost master tapes with no
questions asked". In this case, the bootleggers GAVE them the tape. They look
at it more as "this good stuff should be available to everyone" rather than
"squelch the bootleggers". Even Chris Charlesworth has Who bootlegs in his
collection...

If Pete were serious about "stopping" (or competing with) the bootleggers, he
would have released ALL of his demos after "Another Scoop" like I've been
bugging him to do so for years. Now there's a serious case for releasing
something...

wf