Re: Everybody Jump in and Answer These Questions

>When is the next Whofest and what is it?

There is a WhoFest (in this case, a gathering of fans - second annual) in
Myrtle Beach, SC this Spring...exact date not set, but we're hoping to
coincide with Entwistle's gig here. Another activity will be visiting the
(first in the US) Baba Center, a place Pete visits every time he's in the
area. From there, it's a free-for-all. Last summer's was a great success,
and it looks like this one will be even better.
As I've said before, I'm on the scene and am more than happy to help with
accomedations and information.

>There have been discussions on bootlegs here that I have even participated in.
>Pardon my naivete, but are not bootlegs illegal, technically?

Most of the bootlegs we've discussed were actually imports, which are legal
in the country in which they were made. Here...probably not, but they are
still out there.

>Lastly, I spoke with an "expert" in audio production and he complained that
>Who's Next and all the Who albums were poorly mixed and even suggested that the
>Who's Next mix sounds just like the Tommy mix.

Not to this ear. I can see a definite difference in this WN and the old one.
TOMMY has always sounded rather flat, the best version I've heard being the
Gold Disk.

          Cheers                          ML