Re: Getting the big players in on the act.

>Mark, re:
>
>>Yes, we are so low and they are so vaulted. Why would they want or need our
>input when they are so far above us?
>
>Now that's silly. It has nothing to do with "status" more so than level of
>detail and interest.

What you said was that Chris and Jon would be "amused" and "bored" by our
posts. This certainly indicates to me that they hold themselves above us. I
personally couldn't care what Pete's underwear looks like or what color car
Roger drives. Me, and you can call me a fool if you like, I just want the music.

>Now, if you would like to, write to or fax Chris C and ask him if he'd like
>to answer some questions for our "on-line community". I don't need to answer
>for him and maybe your methods of tact and persuasion are different than
>mine. My prediction: you won't be happy with the answers you get...

OK, you realize (I hope) that my answers to you were partly tongue-in-cheek.
I can be tactful...Hell, I deal with the public all day every day! I know
exactly how to handle people. I naturally wouldn't abuse C&J...I would ask,
quite respectfully (as was my letter to Chris about the single-performance
TOMMY), if certain things are possible. I would also suggest what I could,
and also lead them to people who knew of more performances (like you and
Doug, and of course  I would suggest that they could get the best idea from
seeing what is and isn't important to the people who care about the
band...that's the online services part). If, however, they took the tone you
suggest they have ("Oh my, I feel so overwhelmed by it all. I am just going
to do what I can with what I have on hand, and make the decisions with no
idea what the people might like. I haven't the time nor the inclination to
do more.")...then I might ask them exactly what the Hell they are doing in
charge of such a project. Yep, I might.
Look, this Digest and the BBs are a resource that could and should be used.
That's how I see it. They should have known that without being told; it's
fairly obvious. I'm not asking to make the decisions myself, but I DO
believe that the people here are all (no matter how far afield the subjects
might get) entitled to being heard. Even new fans with little knowledge of
The Who but are excited by their latest discovery have something to add, I
think.

 Cheers                                         ML