Re: Pete's guitar playing in 79 & 82

Mark, re:

>But sure, I'm too harsh...I just want
>them to do a proper job. Now Astley should have his plate clear before
>taking on a job like this...which pays, as would the Clapton remix.
>Charlesworth should be employed by The Who Group (or MCA, or whoever)...

Never count someone else's money... We really don't know what they're being
paid for and what they're not. I'll tell you this much, it must be a real
pain-in-the-arse dealing with all the players. Just think about this
scenario: "Tommy" is all remixed. Sent to Pete. "OK", John, "Bring up the
bass!" Roger, "Where's my vocals???" Back to the studio. Pete: "Where did all
this <Riker> bass come from? And who burried my guitar?  Around and around
and around... Finally the finished product: Fans: "What a load of <Picard>!
It's one thing when the thing was done the first time and everyone was
anxious to get it to the market. This go around has everyone offerring their
opinions, and that's just about it. Yeah, I'd do it and I'm sure you'd do it,
but like John says in "Success Story", "Take two-hundred and fifty six, you
know this used to be fun..." Trust me, this stuff is a lot more fun as a
hobby. When you start doing it for real and there's deadlines and all kindsa
people involved...

>>I have a DOS viewer that might do the job. Thanks!

I'll send it to yah a bit later. Have to disconnect the Syquest and rescan
the picture...

>> Let me wade through the tapes. I wouldn't hate it, I wouldn't be
overwhelmed, I wouldn't complain, and I have some idea what the people want
(and would be willing to listen).

Here's devil's advocate again... OK, here's the deal: MCA and Polydor ONLY
want TWO CDs (aka 154 minutes) and Pete, Roger and John insist that the
following 10 songs _?_?_?, etc. are on the discs and you've got fans from all
over the world requesting enough "favorites" for a 50 CD box set. How in the
world are you going to make everyone happy, so that not one person has
"something to say" after it's all said and done? (Just picture yourself
saying, "Where's my 5 CDs?!?") That's reality... I think after you're done
wading through the millions of requests, suggestions and slightly used toilet
paper, you're going to say "<Riker> it!" and do the best job YOU think you
can do given the parameters in which you have to work. Yes? or...

WF <~