Re: Pete's guitar playing in 79 & 82

>Mark, re:
>
>> Charlesworth and company should be on this Digest.
>
>That's not gonna happen either. As it is, I think he feels he's "overwhelmed"
>by it all. More so from a "job" perspective" than a "fan" perspective I
>believe. Personally, I don't think it would work "from the list" as their are
>too many opinions here. Nothing would get done and we'd all be fighting over
>it ultimately... From what I've been told from over there, there are some
>fans "involved", but there are still problems and egos to contend with...

WF:

Well, how old are these guys anyway? I mean, to get overwhelmed and upset
and amused by a variety of opinions from people with varying degrees of
interest in The Who. That's foolish. I can't see Charlesworth being
overwhelmed from a job perspective, either. Maybe I'm just used to it,
`cause I deal with large amounts of music from thousands of different bands
over the course of 40 plus years. While working 7 days a week with an insane
schedule AND writing novels at the same time. But having a cush job like
going through the recorded material of one band and deciding what's worthy
of release is nothing to complain about! The idea that he hasn't any idea
what we (the American Who fans, who constitute the majority of the buyers
for his work) want or don't want is ludicrous. Me, I'd want to know what the
opinions are of the ones who can make my project a success or failure. In my
writing, I always "test" my work before passing along to my agent. British
fans (I assume are working on the project) don't have the same perspective
Americans do (have you ever seen their charts?), so I don't think it too
much to ask that we get a chance for SOME input. It amazes me that they
would proceed without any clue. That is why we got A QUICK ONE in the form
you so hate.
Maybe you're right; Charleworth is too close to it all. They need to consult
with people who have not only a Who perspective, but a Rock perspective.
Well, enough ranting for the moment. I can't believe you don't agree with me
on this.

         Cheers                                ML