Re: Moons replacement

Chris, re:

>I totally disagree with the assertion that Kenney Jones was a
>"fair" drummer.

You're right, he was a "lousy" drummer. (jk) Actually, he was decent on the
"Tommy" soundtrack, and played well on JAE's "To The Chop" from "Flash
Fearless". However, on "Face Dances" he couldn't keep up with John Astley's
"drum machine" that played on "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting".
Personally, I thought his live drumming was boring and predictable. I was
very impressed with Simon's drumming from the "Deep End" concerts and liked
the way he played with The Who in '89. Unfortunately, they didn't record him
very well for "Join Together"...

>> None of the Who (perhaps excepting John E.) were doing what
I'd consider "excellent" work during that period.

Listening to Roger Daltrey's vocals for the '79 concerts makes me say
differently...

wf