Re: Moons replacement

>So the question comes up----who should it have been??? I say certainly
>NOT Kenny Jones. He was just a fair drummer who was able to keep the
>beat,,,not a Who necessity. With out a doubt the perfect fit would have
>been Mitch Mitchell. An excellent drummer ,somewhat in the Moonie
>style,who was also Keith's pal---if not him perhaps Dougal....

I totally disagree with the assertion that Kenney Jones was a
"fair" drummer.  The work that I've heard of his with the (Small)
Faces is excellent.  (Don't trust me; go out and grab one of their
CD's!)  None of the Who (perhaps excepting John E.) were doing what
I'd consider "excellent" work during that period.

Pete was doing some neat stuff solo, though.

Chris